My Motto-Dealing with the Burdens of Life

*If you can't be kind, talk shit w/ your girlfriends or at least have the decency to be vague. *Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once. *Remember "I" before "E" except in Budweiser. *A professional is a person who can do "her" best at a time when "she" doesn't particularly feel like it. *A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Sunday, January 22, 2006


"Quiz Me"

I had one of those days that really made me depressed. I'm not an overly emotional person but you know those days that come along that make you want to cry or get frustrated over something petty for no apparant reason. That was today. It all stemmed from that fact that maybe I'm trying too hard to hold onto a non-existing relationship. When I mentioned before that I wasn't seeing John, I meant it. But when his consistency in pet names and short text messages, with "I miss you" or " I've been thinking about", show up, what else am I supposed to think? I always thought girls(as in 8th grade) were the difficult ones when it came to relationships. You know playing games of some sort. I know deep down that I might be telling myself that I'm okay being alone, I mean I did tell him that it's not going to work out, but a small part of me, believes that's not the reason I am alone. Somewhere along the line, the men I date choose not to go on with a relationship because there has to be something I don't see about myself that they do. For heaven's sake, my 19 year sister with 2 kids just got engaged and my brother just proposed to a woman with 3 kids and no real job. I can't even get someone serious enough to give me a letter with "will you be my girlfriend? check yes or no".

I don't want to dwell on the situation but it does eat at me sometimes and I don't really know what to do. I guess this is what happens when you spend majority of your 1st dating years with the same person. So, with the lack of knowledge in dating, I decided to look other places for answers to maybe why I'm single or to how I'm perceived by the opposite sex. Knock yourself out on trying to figure out my dilimma and if you do, please leave a comment on some sort of resolution.
These are a few quizzes to give you the reader a glimpse at who I am as a person and a possible significant other.
Discover Your Sexual Personality
As a Phi, you have a good sense of yourself and your sexuality. You know how to turn on the sex appeal when it suits your needs, and have a fair amount of confidence when it comes to your sexual performance.

The Classic IQ Test
Your IQ score is 127
Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. You place into the intellectual category as people like Bill Gates.

What Kind of Girlfriend Are You?
A Steady Supporter
Stand by your man — that's just something you naturally do. Once you've committed to a relationship, you are a constant companion who enjoys the comfort and stability that comes from being a couple. Not quick to judge, accuse, or think the worst, you have a lot of trust (in him and in yourself), and you rarely worry about where he is or who he's with.For you, mutual respect is of utmost importance. You are comfortable and confident in your own skin, making you a great pillar of strength in all your relationships. Whether he's striving to climb a mountain or land a promotion, you have his back. Best part is, you know he's got yours too.

What Are You Looking for in a Relationship?
You're looking for a Best Friend
There are many different ways to look at relationships, but for you, finding a best friend, the one person you share everything with, is the most important. Some people focus more on the romantic image of a soul mate to last the span of time, but you probably prefer the reality of making the most of every moment of every day. And who better to live those moments with than someone who's true blue through and through?The ideal match for you is probably someone who can anticipate the next word out of your mouth and who laughs at the punch line before you even tell it. Chances are it's important to you that they'd expand your circle of friends, introduce you to new places, faces, and experiences, too. Whether this relationship is here for the short- or the long- term, you're a take-it-as-it-comes kind of person, with few expectations or fairytales to live up to. You'd take your constant companion and trusted secret-keeper over a fairy princess or Prince Charming, any day. Whether you realize it or not, there's someone out there who feels the same way about you. Like you, that someone is looking for the one person to be their best friend — both in the bedroom and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home