My Motto-Dealing with the Burdens of Life

*If you can't be kind, talk shit w/ your girlfriends or at least have the decency to be vague. *Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once. *Remember "I" before "E" except in Budweiser. *A professional is a person who can do "her" best at a time when "she" doesn't particularly feel like it. *A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Teacher Appreciation Week
May 15-19
Remember those days when you'd get stoked to register for school just to find out which teacher you were stuck with for the year. Or in high school and college, when you chose your classes based on your alumni friends that told you which teachers you need to get. Well, I want to say thank you to all the memorable and impressionable under-paid, under-appreciated educational faculty that taught me. And "Bite this", to the ones that made those classes I had, an ocassional living hell. As I continue to succeed in life, I know one day I might have to read a speech, if it may be for a Pulitzer or Academy Award, or just a simple lecture in the janitor's hall closet; I want to have it prepared for the people who gave me the ability to lead an educated path.
"As I stand before you today, I would like to acknowledge the people that helped
me to achieve this success, in what I call my life. In 3rd grade, Mrs. Barela you combed and styled my pony tail, when my mother was too sick to do it for pictures. In Fifth grade, Mrs. Phillips or Mr. Phillips, I wasn't quite sure if you were entitled to call yourself a Mrs. but you stuck up for me when I had to go to an honors class every week and the kids would say it was Special Education. In Seventh grade, all of my teachers at Rhodes Jr. High in Arizona, for taking in a Special Ed New Mexican student. I mean Honor's student. In Eighth grade, Mrs. Lopez for being the biggest bitch and affecting the way I look at English; Mrs. York, you would've had a better impact on my science education, if you would've stopped the overweight student aide from eating the pickles we needed for our project; and Mr. Cruz for allowing my creative side to come out during art class ( you should see the tagging on Highway 14). In Ninth grade, Coach Clark for letting me try out for the freshman football team. Although, we all know a volleyball player shouldn't wear her volley shorts to practice. Mrs. Richardson, I'm glad you didn't expel me for the time you got hit in the head with a nacho plate. That would've ruined my transcript and I really didn't do it. My Tenth thru Twelve grade teachers are kind of a blur but I know you all had a significant impact on my decisions, especially Mr. Colvert, your looks made it easy to get through Government and Ms. Gervasio, I want to apologize for the times I left during Debate to get high and came back with no effort to argue. As for my college professors, my opinions and thankfulness will have to bestow another speech. As an adult your ventures with me, has given me a different outlook on my appreciation for you. Again, I want to thank you all for the direction I'm going and may it be a positive or negative way, I'll be sure to blame you all for it".

3 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Azgreeneyes said…

    Forgot about Ms.Gervasio!!!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger ticklemepink said…

    How could you? Some of the coolest people were in that class together. I think we all thought it was going to be easy.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Azgreeneyes said…

    I didn't forget the class, I just forgot Ms. Gervasio!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home