My Motto-Dealing with the Burdens of Life

*If you can't be kind, talk shit w/ your girlfriends or at least have the decency to be vague. *Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once. *Remember "I" before "E" except in Budweiser. *A professional is a person who can do "her" best at a time when "she" doesn't particularly feel like it. *A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

Okay, so I love to blog because it gives me the opportunity to bitch and gossip about the random shit that your friends don't really want to hear. To me that's a way of therapy.... I know I feel a little more sane when I get things off my chest or have a good laugh.
Well, this weekend had it's blogging moments. When you hear the saying, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree," you usually relate that to a genetic situation. That's not in my case.... My best friend,
who I've known for 10 years, had an unfortunate incident with the car wash and her new truck, a few weeks ago. Basically causing several hundreds of dollars in damage to the front end. So, this weekend I decided, what the hell and let's copy her mistakes. I mean it's cool to be like your friends, right? So, I took my new car to a non-touchless car wash and had the antennae ripped off for fun. Now, I know why they make those damn things detachable and it only cost me $500 to learn that. I knew that little incident was going to ruin the rest of my weekend, but instead.......

my mentality after the fact was just, I now have a Jetta with a hole in the roof, which looks kind of ghetto...... why not keep the rest of my weekend ghetto? So, I made the wonderful suggestion of doing a night out of dancing but "ghetto" style. In this town that means mainly one place, Graham Central Station. At least, that is how it used to be, just a "ghetto" scene.... When I got there I realized that, "the apple didn't fall far from the tree," with majority of these people either. I mean that literally. Although, I don't think it was apples, maybe BigMacs!! Ok, so "the BigMacs didn't fall far from the tree." I wasn't quite expecting the scene that I walked into, it was like a clone of the same damn person. Oh, it was still ghetto but more of an all-you-can-eat-buffet, Ghetto. If ya live here, you know that this state is known for it's short, stocky people meaning they would be considered thin if they had another 7 inches on them. I knew Jenny Craig was next door but I didn't think that was the hang out for their after meeting get-togethers. Just so you don't think I'm trying to be a bitch, let me paint you a visual on the avg female that was there that night......... 5'0', 250+ lbs, long permed-teased-aqua net styled hair, dark brown eyeliner-lipliner-eyebrow liner, my little sisters stretch pants and tube top, very high heels with the big toe hanging over, and an attitude to compensate for the rest. That's why I talk shit.......the attitude's I got were ridiculous. So, we stayed regardless of the scene and boredom but it was only until we realized we could go home and get drunk without the mistake of having beer goggles. Because I wouldn't want to explain to the guys that we allowed them to wake up next to an oompa-loompa.
I didn't consume too much more liquor because Rachel took on that responsibility. She and Javier polished off the rest of the Yager and Parrot Bay. I wouldn't have known she was drunk until her dance moves looked a little off. And not to forget her vomiting escapades in the porcelain god, sink, trash can and floor. I didn't realize how much shit a little person can hold. But she did it with style and apologetic means. That's okay paybacks are a bitch......she thought she broke in our new house, just wait until I get drunk and I puke in my long-ass hair and she has to hold it, and then again, "the apple won't fall far from the tree".

4 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Azgreeneyes said…

    Those stupid car washes should come with warnings and waivers!!!

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Oh you wait for my verion of the same night...and you might want to consider sleeping with one eye opened to avoid getting your long ass weave cut so i don't have to hold it back for you...ha ha. Oh and who the hell Javier?

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger ticklemepink said…

    isn't Ray's cousin name Javie? Or was I drunk????

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    No! You must have been drunk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home