My Motto-Dealing with the Burdens of Life

*If you can't be kind, talk shit w/ your girlfriends or at least have the decency to be vague. *Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once. *Remember "I" before "E" except in Budweiser. *A professional is a person who can do "her" best at a time when "she" doesn't particularly feel like it. *A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Thursday, August 03, 2006


Kindergarten


I haven't been so excited to start Kindergarten before.... I mean for my 5 year old to start. It's not that I want him to grow up but knowing his is, just makes me ecstatic. I love this age....okay, maybe minus the "tude" but everything else is so fun. We went school shopping and I think I liked it more than shoe shopping, well not more but it was pretty damn close. He seemed so sophisticated walking up the supply aisle, asking for things like a calculator and projector, that I was the one tugging on his shirt showing him all the cool colors and characters. I'm definitely digging our time together because I believe this is the beginning of getting to know your kids on a personal level.

So, in spite of all the shopping and getting prepared for the big day, there were other preparations like meeting the teacher, signing up for after school programs, etc. I want to start off by saying, that I believe I'm pretty intellegant. I mean I do have common sense at least. So, when it came time to meet the teacher, the message I got was, it was a parent teacher conference. Pretty simple instructions to comprehend, right. I guess reading between the lines, it meant they wanted to meet my son. Of course I didn't bring him; he's not a parental. So, everyone else had their children there, what's the big deal???? Didn't they see the "new Kindergarten mother" stamped on my forehead? How was I supposed to know that?

So, my first mistake as a mother of a school aged child. I bet there will be more. Hopefully I just don't make any soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Azgreeneyes said…

    You so crazy! Don't worry, even when you are used to being a school-aged child's mother, you're still gonna mess up. But both of you will live, and you'll have some great stories!

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Azgreeneyes said…

    Oh where, oh where has my little Tobo gone, Oh where oh where could she be???

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Azgreeneyes said…

    You are so fired! Either blog or get off the pot! Hee hee, love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home